Hurricane Preparedness Tips
Weather can change drastically in a matter of minutes. Is your household prepared? If you live in a hurricane-prone area of the country or simply want to prepare for strong winds, heavy rainfall and storm surges, the following tips and resources from experts across the government can help.
- Have a disaster plan for your whole household, including kids, pets, and seniors. While hurricanes warnings are issued days in advance, it is still important to plan ahead. Find out where your nearest shelter is. Make an emergency supply kit.
- Prepare multiple ways to stay informed during hurricanes and severe weather. Follow guidance from your local officials. Subscribe to NWS alerts.
- Be prepared for power outages. Hurricanes can cause power outages. Have an emergency light at the ready. Keep generators outside at least 20 feet away from the house to prevent CO2 poisoning. Keep non-perishable food and water bottles in your home.
- Need to evacuate? Shelter safely. Get a COVID-19 vaccine with your household members age 12 and up. Put extra masks, hand sanitizer, and more in your to-go kit. Follow your evacuation route to get there.
- Want to get more information from official sources? Follow @USAGov as they share official safety information all hurricane season. Find tips about storms, COVID-19 guidance, home prep and more.
What to do way before a storm hits?
Safeguard yourself and your loves ones with home insurance. Contact CMR & Associates + PolicySmart® at 888-873-1982 (email@example.com) today to review your current coverage to find ways to improve your coverage and possibly reduce your cost.
CMR & Associates + PolicySmart®
CMR & Associates’ risk management consultants provide independent group benefits, retirement and insurance advice by reviewing your current plans to improve coverage and reduce cost. Through CMR’s proprietary database – The CMR Database® (comprised of some 13,000 brokers and specialists globally), we maximize access to the insurance and retirement industry for greater options that will translate to better coverage and lower cost.
Please email CMR & Associates or call 877-447-4301 or 212-447-4300 for more information.